A speed climber called ‘Spider-Woman’ ruined a world record while hurt in an overwhelming gold-medal climb
- Indonesian speed climber Aries Susanti Rahayu climbed a 15- meter speed path in just 6.995 seconds.
- The 24- year-old shattered the previous world record and ended up being the first female to finish a speed path in under seven seconds.
- After her historic climb, Susanti Rahayu exposed to an interviewer that she was climbing up with injuries on her hands.
- Speed climbing will make its Olympics debut in Tokyo next year, where Susanti Rahayu is an obvious preferred to take house the gold
- Watch the video of her impressive climb below:
- Visit Company Insider’s homepage for more stories
Indonesian speed climber Aries Susanti Rahayu stunned the climbing up world by ascending a 15- meter speed route in under 7 seconds, smashing the world record.
She also became the first female in the sport to beat the seven-second mark, and she did it all while hurt.
The 24- year-old removed previous world-record holder YiLing Tune of China to win gold at the Xiamen World Cup Saturday while nursing injuries on her hands. Susanti Rahayu’s 6.995- 2nd climb was a full 0.11 seconds much faster than Song’s time at the IFSC World Cup in Chongqing, China, this April.
— Mark Serrels (@Serrels) October 20, 2019
” My condition is bad,” she said after the record-setting climb. “You can take a look at my hand, my fingers.”
” Blessed to get a record. Fantastic for me,” she included.
This is the third time the world record has altered hands given that 2017, according to the International Federation of Sport Climbing In that span, the top rivals in the sport have shaved nearly half of a second off of the previous world record.
Terima kasih ya Allah … Alhamdulillah pada seri terakhir IFSC WorldCup Xiamen saya bisa memecahkan rekor dunia baru 6,995 detik dari rekor sebelumnya 7,101 detik dipegang Yi Ling Song, lawan saya di final. Ternyata kekuatan pikiran sangatlah luar biasa. Akhir agustus lalu saya mengalami cidera tangan kanan di bagian jari dan itu mempengaruhi performa saya sehingga tidak dapat mencapai limit waktu seperti pada saat latihan. Dan, ini sedikit mengganggu konsentrasi saya menjelang kompetisi, “Apakah mungkin saya bisa tampil maksimal?”. Namun, di tengah keraguan, selalu ada pelatih, keluarga dan tim yang selalu mensuport saya. Bahwa tidak ada yang tidak mungkin selagi kita mau berusaha. “Lupakan rasa sakit! Ubah menjadi kekuatan!”. Thanks a lot @thecircuitclimbing. Foto yang sangat keren … @fpti_official @eigeradventure #ifsc #ifscwc #sportclimbing #speedclimbing #speed #competition #worldrecord #goldmedal #china #fpti #panjattebing #panjattebingindonesia #eiger #eigeradvanture #eigertropicaladvanture
A post shared by Aries Susanti Rahayu (@aries_susanti) on Oct 20, 2019 at 5: 17 pm PDT
Speed climbing will make its Olympics debut in Tokyo next year, where Susanti Rahayu is an obvious favorite to take home the gold and when again discover her method into the record books.
- Check Out more:
- 15- year-old American Cori ‘Coco’ Gauff– the beneficiary evident to Serena Williams’ throne– has leapt 614 locations worldwide tennis rankings after one amazing season
- Carli Lloyd is major about becoming an NFL kicker after completing her USWNT profession– ‘I’m entertaining it’
- No. 1 NBA draft pick Zion Williamson will miss out on the start of the NBA season with a knee injury, however it might be a blessing in disguise for the Pelicans
- USWNT captain Carli Lloyd said the 2019 World Cup was ‘definitely the worst time of my life’